A dominant rushing game and defense helped the No. 9 Notre Dame Fighting Irish move to 5-0 with a 41-3 win against the Miami Hurricanes on Saturday.
Eric Murtaugh of Notre Dame blog One Foot Down posted some thoughts on the game, in handy bullet-point form:
• 34 first downs for the Irish.
• 376 yards rushing at 7.4 per carry, plus 5 rushing touchdowns.
• Just one punt.
• Paradoxical Brian Kelly showing up again with 39:08 in time of possession.
• Cierre Wood (118) and George Atkinson (127) both over the century mark rushing.
• Golson completed 77.2 percent of his passes.
• The second half saw just four possessions for the Irish---all touchdowns.
The win, combined with losses by LSU, Georgia and Florida State, helped the Irish move up to No. 7 in Sunday's AP Top 25 Poll.