Here's the latest injury news for the Saturday afternoon matchup between the Rice Owls (3-6, 2-4) of Conference USA and the Northwestern Wildcats (4-5, 2-4) of the Big Ten. All information comes from USA Today:
|Trey Briggs||LB||Knee||Prob Sat - 11/12/11||Briggs has yet to play this season due to a knee injury but is expected to return for Saturday's game against Northwestern.|
|Jon Hodde||OL||Knee||Ques Sat - 11/12/11||Hodde is dealing with a knee injury and is considered questionable for Saturday's game against Northwestern.|
|Sam McGuffie||RB||Ankle||Doub Sat - 11/12/11||McGuffie is expected to miss his third game in a row Saturday against Northwestern due to a sprained ankle.|
|Eric Ball||OL||Leg||Doub Sat - 11/12/11||Ball has not played since suffering a leg injury in Week 9 against Houston and is not expected to return for Saturday's game against Northwestern.|
Additionally, TE Luke Wilson (ankle), S Gabe Barker (ankle) and RB Charles Ross (hamstring) are all listed as questionable from an injury report much earlier in the week.
- QB Dan Persa (shoulder) is probable as of 11/8/11
- CB Jeravin Matthews (undisclosed) is probable as of 11/8/11
- S Brian Peters (hand) is probable as of 11/7/11
- SB Jack Konopka (leg) is questionable as of 11/8/11
- DL Brian Arnfelt (foot) is questionable as of 11/7/11
- S David Arnold (ankle) is questionable as of 11/7/11
- WR Troy Jones (leg) is questionable as of 11/7/11
For further reading, news, discussion and more, visit Northwestern blog Sippin' On Purple. Here's the complete Week 10 college football TV schedule, and stay tuned to SB Nation's college football news hub for more.