Spring Training has arrived! The Chicago Cubs have officially begun their post-winter camp in Arizona, and the team is now weeks away from playing Cactus League exhibition games at Hohokam Park in Mesa, Arizona.
Planning on joining the Cubs for a game or two this season? Well, be sure to know the layout of Phoenix and its outlying towns. Here is a map courtesy of CactusLeague.com:
The Cubs start up their Hohokam games on Sunday, March 4, with a matchup against the Oakland Athletics. Ticket prices vary from $8 on the low end to $28 for premium games.
Some important tips for the curious game goers:
- Children under the age of 3 do not need tickets -- if they are on a parent's lap -- but children do not otherwise get a discount.
- The stadium is accessible to persons with handicaps.
- Sections 200 through 212 and 2011 through 211 tend to get the most shade.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in the parking lot (for tailgating).
- Prohibited items in the stadium:
-- large bags
-- and, obviously, alcohol