When the Bulls drafted Jimmy Butler with the 30th overall pick in the 2011 NBA draft, Chicago knew they were landing a defensive specialist with athletic upside and a high motor. He personifies everything coach Tom Thibodeau preaches daily.
Well, maybe except his infatuation with a stuffed husky named Royce. Pictures of what appears to be the greatest day a first round pick and a toy dog could possibly have, following the jump.
There is my husky. I named him Royce
Royce marking his territory lol
Royce heard somebody at the door...
Royce!! What I say about drinking out the toilet!!
Buckled up and ready to go to Charlotte...
Taj money finna get bit by Royce while he sleep. @TajGibson22
Obviously, there are a lot of questions these photos induce. Mine go like so (in order of the pictures):
- Why is Jimmy keeping the tags on Royce? Is he trying to maintain Royce's value? Is he keeping Royce grounded, reminding him where he came from? Something even more dubious?
- What does a stuffed animal excrete to mark its territory?
- Who was at the door? Was it some kind of troublemaker and the thought of dealing with Royce turned that would-be-intruder away?
- Did Jimmy clean his toilet before the picture or is Royce forever tainted like George's toilet book?
- Did Royce have to buy his own ticket or is he treated like a small child? Don't animals have to be placed in travel cages?
- Is Royce making a power move or is he affectionately waiting for Taj to wake up for tender 'love bites'?
So many questions, folks.
Regardless, @mr_2eight1, SB Nation Chicago approves your message.