clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

NBA predictions: 80 percent of GMs think Pacers, not Bulls, will win division

In a survey of NBA general managers, four out of every five polled said they thought the Indiana Pacers would win the Central Division, not the Chicago Bulls.

Dennis Wierzbicki-US PRESSWIRE

Most general managers in the NBA think the Indiana Pacers will win the Central Division, not the Chicago Bulls. In an survey of the league's 30 general managers, 80 percent picked the Pacers would win the division. The remaining 20 percent chose Chicago to win it.

Last season 96.4 percent of general managers picked the Bulls to win the Central, which they did with a 50-16 mark, tied with the San Antonio Spurs for the best record in all of basketball. The Pacers finished second in the division with a 42-24 record, good enough for the No. 3 seed in the Eastern Conference.

Of course Chicago begins the 2012-13 season without the services of their star point guard Derrick Rose. Rose tore his ACL in the playoffs last season and will miss a significant chunk of this season. The Bulls won 18-of-27 regular season games without Rose due to various other injuries last season.