"Last year we were worlds apart, but it’s gotten better," said Forte on Friday at the EA Madden 2013 Pigskin Pro-Am in Chicago.
WSCR reporter Zach Zaidman also got some interesting thoughts from Forte. The running back said he won't miss the 2012 season, but couldn't promise he'd be in Bourbonnais for the start of training camp without a long-term contract.
When thing that's comforting for Bears fans is that this nasty situation that has been hanging over the franchise for over a year now appears as if it's soon to be reaching some sort of conclusion. The best guess here is that Forte will play for the franchise, even if he doesn't like it. What's really unfortunate for the running back is the Bears will probably do it again next season, assuming Forte performs like a franchise player.