The Chicago Bears were been busy over the weekend making decisions on players after tryouts at rookie minicamp, and in the wake of the seven rookie signing on Sunday, the Bears waived offensive tackle Levi Horn, offensive guard Reggie Stephens and tight end Andre Smith on Monday.
As noted above, the big news of the weekend is that the Bears agreed to terms with seven players on three-year contracts on Sunday. Here's a list of the new Bears rookies:
- Wisconsin-Whitewater quarterback Matt Blanchard
- Texas Southern wide receiver Joseph Anderson
- Illinois State tight end Brandon Venson
- Concordia offensive tackle Tyler Hendrickson
- Central Florida offensive guard Nick Pieschel
- Boston College punter Ryan Quigley
- Connecticut kicker David Teggert
Stay tuned to SB Nation Chicago for more information, and for in-depth analysis on the Chicago Bears, be sure to visit Windy City Gridiron. And drop by SB Nation NFL news hub for more updates and commentary from around the league.