The 2012 NFL Combine is coming to its close, but on Tuesday there are still very important drills and workouts for defensive secondary prospects hoping to improve their stock for the 2012 NFL draft. Can Notre Dame Fighting Irish safety Harrison Smith do enough to move past Alabama Crimson Tide safety Mark Barron on draft boards? Smith has the physical tools and the prototypical build for a safety in the NFL, and if he can test well at the combine he might be able to boost his stock enough to jump into the bottom half of the first round.
Tuesday's schedule in Indianapolis looks like this:
Group 10 (DB), Group 11 (DB)
-Workout (timing, stations, skill drills), departure from Indianapolis
Here's a list of some top prospects from the defensive secondary that will be looking to prove themselves on Tuesday:
- Morris Claiborne | Cornerback | LSU
- Dre Kirkpatrick | Cornerback | Alabama
- Janoris Jenkins | Cornerback | North Alabama
- Stephon Gilmore | Cornerback | South Carolina
- Mark Barron | Safety | Alabama
- Jamell Fleming | Cornerback | Oklahoma
- Chase Minnifield | Cornerback | Virginia
- Markelle Martin | Safety | Oklahoma State
- Alfonzo Dennard | Cornerback | Nebraska
- Harrison Smith | Safety | Notre Dame
You can find the full list of players invited to the 2012 NFL Combine via the NFL Combine's official website.
For news and information regarding the 2012 NFL Scouting Combine, please stay tuned to this StoryStream. For more on the 2012 NFL Draft, check out SB Nation's dedicated section and Mocking the Draft.