Day 4 of the 2102 NFL Combine is when the top defensive backs and safeties are scheduled to travel to Indianapolis, register, take hospital pre-examine x-ray, attend orientation and give interviews. Notre Dame safety Harrison Smith is currently ranked as the No. 66 overall 2012 NFL Draft prospect and the third-best safety in the class, according to SB Nation's Mocking The Draft blog, but he now gets the opportunity to make his mark in front of scouts and talent evaluators from every team in the NFL.
The two safety prospects ranked ahead of him are Mark Barron of the Alabama Crimson Tide (No. 39 overall) and Markelle Martin of the Oklahoma State Cowboys (No. 55 overall). Can Smith distinguish himself and become the number one safety on draft boards? Saturday kicks off his best opportunity to make that upward move.
Here a look at some of the best players who arrived in Indy on Saturday:
- Morris Claiborne | Cornerback | LSU
- Dre Kirkpatrick | Cornerback | Alabama
- Janoris Jenkins | Cornerback | North Alabama
- Stephon Gilmore | Cornerback | South Carolina
- Mark Barron | Safety | Alabama
- Jamell Fleming | Cornerback | Oklahoma
- Chase Minnifield | Cornerback | Virginia
- Markelle Martin | Safety | Oklahoma State
- Alfonzo Dennard | Cornerback | Nebraska
- Harrison Smith | Safety | Notre Dame
You can find the full list of players invited to the 2012 NFL Combine via the NFL Combine's official website.
For news and information regarding the 2012 NFL Scouting Combine, please stay tuned to this StoryStream. For more on the 2012 NFL Draft, check out SB Nation's dedicated section and Mocking the Draft.