SB Nation's Joel Thorman has released his Week 16 NFL Power Rankings, and the Chicago Bears have fallen eight spots to No. 23 overall. That is well out of the playoff picture, and here is what Thorman had to say about the stark drop:
23. Chicago Bears (7-7, LW: 15): Too bad for Chicago. They have a really good team -- except the quarterback position. It looks like Jay Cutler's injury will likely cost them the playoffs.
Here are the top and bottom five teams in the NFL, according to SB Nation's rankings:
Top Five Teams
1. Green Bay Packers (13-1, LW: 1)
2. San Francisco 49ers (11-3, LW: 6)
3. New Orleans Saints (11-3, LW: 2)
4. New England Patriots (11-3, LW: 5)
5. Baltimore Ravens (10-4, LW: 3)
Bottom Five Teams
28. Buffalo Bills (5-9, LW: 21)
29. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-10, LW: 25)
30. Minnesota Vikings (2-12, LW: 30)
31. St. Louis Rams (2-12, LW: 31)
32. Indianapolis Colts (1-13, LW: 32)
Stay tuned to SB Nation Chicago for more information, and for in-depth analysis on the Chicago Bears be sure to visit Windy City Gridiron. Visit SB Nation NFL for more news and notes around the league.