clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Kyle Orton Update: Orton, Tyler Palko To Split Reps In Practice

With the Kansas City Chiefs trying desperately to stay in the AFC West race, many expect them to turn to new QB Kyle Orton sooner rather than later, and potentially on Sunday vs. the Chicago Bears on Sunday. According to the Chicago Tribune's Brad Biggs, Chiefs head coach Todd Haley said today that current starting QB Tyler Palko will get 60% of the reps in practice on Wednesday, with Orton receiving the other 40%.

Though the Chiefs are clearly apprehensive about playing Orton so soon without him having a full grasp of the playbook, Palko may be forcing their hand. The ex-Pittsburgh Panther has thrown no touchdowns and six interceptions in his two starts since Matt Cassell went out for the season.

For more updates, stay tuned to SB Nation Chicago. For more in-depth coverage of the Bears, visit Windy City Gridiron. For more from around the NFL, head over to SB Nation's NFL news hub.