As the NFL Power Rankings are released, most fans are likely wondering whether NFL experts will focus on how the Chicago Bears dismantled the San Diego Chargers 31-20 on Sunday afternoon to earn their fifth straight win, or will they become disenchanted with the team because starting QB Jay Cutler will miss six to eight weeks with a broken thumb? SB Nation Chicago has the answers.
SB Nation's Joel Thorman has released his Week 12 NFL Power Rankings, and the Chicago Bears have managed to hold their spot at No. 8 overall. Thorman isn't completely writing the Bears off either:
8. Chicago Bears (7-3, LW: 8): The Bears defense should do enough to carry them to a playoff spot but they need a healthy Jay Cutler back if they're going to make a playoff run. That may not come until January.
Here are the top and bottom five teams in the NFL, according to SB Nation's rankings:
Top Five Teams
1. Green Bay Packers (10-0, LW: 1)
2. San Francisco 49ers (9-1, LW: 2)
3. Baltimore Ravens (7-3, LW: 5)
4. New Orleans Saints (7-3, LW: 3)
5. Houston Texans (7-3, LW: 4)
Bottom Five Teams
28. Arizona Cardinals (3-7, LW: 25)
29. Carolina Panthers (2-8, LW: 28)
30. St. Louis Rams (2-8, LW: 29)
31. Minnesota Vikings (2-8, LW: 30)
32. Indianapolis Colts (0-10, LW: 32)
Will the experts from around the web see it the same way? SB Nation Chicago will have updates on the Power Rankings from around the web as they are released throughout the day. For more information, and for in-depth analysis on the Chicago Bears be sure to visit Windy City Gridiron. Visit SB Nation NFL for more news and notes around the league.