With each team sporting a seven seed, respectively, the Illinois Fighting Illini and Notre Dame Fighting Irish's outlook on the NCAA Tournament aren't good. In fact, many experts paint a pretty bleak picture as to how far either team will go.
It's all bad news on the expert front if you're a Notre Dame fan. Every one of CBS' experts on the subject, save for Matt Norlander, believe the Irish are destined for a second-round exit against the Iowa St. Cyclones. Notre Dame fares no better in SB Nation's breakdown of the second round, with Chris Dobbertean's assertion that the Irish will fall because of Iowa State's superior ability to score from almost anywhere.
Things look to be a little bright for fans of the Fighting Illini. Once again, Matt Norlander is the only one at CBS who believes the Illini can make it past the first round, but Chris Dobbertean is much higher on them. In fact, Dobbertean believes they'll make it to the Sweet 16 before eventually losing to the Bucknell Bison should both teams go that far.
More in College Basketball:
• Printable bracket for March Madness
• Need help filling out your bracket? Check out our predictions
• Jay Bilas breaks down the bracket
• An oral history of Bryce Drew's epic buzzer-beater
• The best NBA draft prospects of March Madness
• Full coverage of March Madness