After Thursday's 106-102 final, the McDonald's All-American games announced they would return to Chicago for a third consecutive year, allowing the Chicago Bulls and the United Center the singular distinction of being the first city to host not only back-to-back games, but the first to host back-to-back-to-back games.
Douglas Freeland, the director of the premier high-school all-star game, said the cooperation of the city and the high fan interest helped make the decision easy:
"The city of Chicago pushed us to make the decision; the fan support pushed us to make it," Freeland said of the decision that was made last week. "Everybody at the United Center and the Chicago Bulls has embraced the McDonald’s All-American games and has been very generous to us. We felt like based on what we saw last year, and the overall support, bringing it back in 2013 would be the right move."
The McDonald's games, which have had some prestigious alumni, including Dwight Howard, LeBron James and the Bulls' very own Derrick Rose, will return in the spring of 2013.