The Notre Dame Fighting Irish missed out on some impressive recruits today, including two five-star wide receivers in Deontay Greenberry and Nelson Agholor, but they're still walking away from National Signing Day 2012 with 16 signees in hand. Head coach Brian Kelly commented on missing out on Greenberry, noting that he's quite happy with the players that did end up signing:
I used to have a saying about players like that and that was I'd rather play against him for four games than with him for four years.
Ultimately, Notre Dame should be alright even without landing the highly-rated wide receivers. The 16 players that have signed Letters of Intent:
- Nick Baratti, DB, Tomball, Tex.
- Chris Brown, WR, Hanahan, S.C.
- Scott Daly, LS, Downers Grove, Ill.
- Sheldon Day, DT, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Justin Ferguson, WR, Pembroke Pines, Fla.
- Mark Harrell, OL, Charlotte, N.C.
- Jarron Jones, DT, Rochester, N.Y.
- Gunner Kiel, QB, Columbus, Ind.
- Will Mahone, RB, Austintown, Ohio
- Romeo Okwara, LB, Charlotte, N.C.
- C.J. Prosise, DB, Petersburg, Virg.
- KeiVarae Russell, RB, Everett, Wash.
- Tee Sheppard, DB, Fresno, Calif.
- Elijah Shumate, DB, East Orange, N.J.
- Ronnie Stanley, OL, Las Vegas, Nev.
- John Turner, DB, Indianapolis, Ind.
For the latest information on Notre Dame Fighting Irish football recruiting, be sure to check out One Foot Down. SB Nation's recruiting hub will keep you updated on everything else going down on the wildest day of college football's off-season.