The 2012 MLB Draft continues along as the Chicago Cubs has now logged their eighth round selection, tabbing LHP Michael Heesch out of the University of South Carolina Beaufort. The Cubs have made a total of 10 picks so far in the draft, and 8 of those 10 have gone to pitching prospects.
At current, the Cubs have 6 right-handed pitchers, 2 left-handed pitchers, 1 outfielder (their top pick) and 1 third baseman.
Here is a look at the Chicago Cubs' selections so far:
- OF Albert Almaro (No. 6 overall)
- RHP Pierce Johnson (No. 43)
- RHP Paul Blackburn (No. 56)
- RHP Duane Underwood (No. 67)
- RHP Ryan McNeil (No. 101)
- RHP Josh Conway (No. 134)
- LHP Anthony Prieto (No. 164)
- RHP Trey Lang (No. 194)
- 3B Stephen Bruno (No. 224)
- LHP Michael Heesch (No. 254)
The Cubs are next on the clock at pick No. 284. If you want to follow along, check it out live on MLB.com.
For updates, stay tuned to SB Nation Chicago. For more in-depth coverage, head over to Cubs blog Bleed Cubbie Blue. For more comprehensive MLB prospect and draft coverage, visit Minor League Ball. And for more news and notes from around the league, check out Baseball Nation.