Selecting at No. 194 overall, the Chicago Cubs have chosen RHP Trey Lang out of Gateway Community College in Arizona.
Lang represents the seventh-straight pitcher the Cubs have selected since the second round. The Cubs now have selected six right-handed pitchers, one left-handed pitcher and one outfielder so far in the 2012 MLB Draft.
Here is a look at the Chicago Cubs' selections so far:
- OF Albert Almaro (No. 6 overall)
- RHP Pierce Johnson (No. 43)
- RHP Paul Blackburn (No. 56)
- RHP Duane Underwood (No. 67)
- RHP Ryan McNeil (No. 101)
- RHP Josh Conway (No. 134)
- LHP Anthony Prieto (No. 164)
- RHP Trey Lang (No. 194)
The Cubs are next on the clock at pick No. 224. If you want to follow along, check it out live on MLB.com.
For updates, stay tuned to SB Nation Chicago. For more in-depth coverage, head over to Cubs blog Bleed Cubbie Blue. For more comprehensive MLB prospect and draft coverage, visit Minor League Ball. And for more news and notes from around the league, check out Baseball Nation.