According to a report by CBSChicago.com Friday morning, with WBBM Newsradio’s Mike Krauser being the source, Chicago Cubs star shortstop Starlin Castro has been accused of sexual assault a women last April. Here are the details:
"...The alleged victim is a Chicago woman in her 20s. No criminal charges have been filed, but Castro is reportedly wanted for questioning by Chicago Police.
"She claims that she was drinking with friends at a River North nightclub on the night of Sept. 29 when she met Castro.
"Sources say she and a friend left the bar at 3 a.m. and went to the 21-year-old Castro’s apartment on State Street nearby.
"According to the police report, the alleged victim said she blacked out."
According to the police report, the victim blacked out and when she woke up, at around 5:30 a.m., Castro was sexually assaulting her. The report says she screamed and yelled at her attacker, got away and then received a ride home from a friend. 12 hours later, the woman went to the hospital where police then become involved.
Castro could not be reached by police because he was already on a plane back to the Dominican Republic for the off-season.
The Cubs organization had been informed about the incident but it did not give any notable comments on the situation because there was not enough information provided to them.
For more on Sterling Castro's legal issues, check out the SB Nation blog Bleed Cubbie Blue. Also, visit SB Nation's Baseball Nation for more information.