The 2011 NBA Draft day has arrived. Compiling a mock draft this season is very difficult in that their doesn't appear to be a sure thing. This draft seems to be one of those that in ten years down the road, someone who slipped to the second round will be discussed as to how they slipped so far. Here is my 2011 Mock Draft.
Seems to be the consensus first pick. Personally I would go Derrick Williams and then with the fourth pick take Kemba Walker or Brandon Knight but I'm just a writer not a GM.
2) Minnesota Timberwolves- Derrick Williams, Arizona
Most NBA ready player in this draft. Lots of rumors around this pick. It'll be interesting to see if Minnesota keeps the pick.
3) Utah Jazz- Brandon Knight, Kentucky
Jazz go point guard as a long term replacement for Deron Williams.
4) Cleveland Cavaliers- Enes Kanter, Kentucky
Great Prospect. Only real concern is injury concern. Should be a double-double machine.
5) Toronto- Kemba Walker, UCONN
Best player the last month of the NCAA season. Will he be able to take that to the next level?
Will be a nice compliment to John Wall.
7) Sacramento Kings- Jan Vesely, Czech Republic
Big man who can shoot from long range. Poor mans Dirk Nowitzki.
8) Detroit Pistons- Jonas Valanciunas, Lithuania
Long term project. Most likely will stay in Europe one more season. Joakim Noah type.
Nice size for a two guard. Has NBA range.
High energy type. Think Carlos Boozer.
11) Golden State Warriors- Donatas Motiejunas, Lithuania
Seven footer with small forward skills.
12) Utah Jazz- Chris Singleton, Florida State
Hustle Player. Hard worker.
Great Size. Built for the Pro game. Could be a steal at 13.
Better rebounder than his twin brother. Will be a David Lee type player.
15) Indiana Pacers- Tristan Thompson, Texas
His game resembles a smaller version of Kevin Garnett.
Strong rumors that 76ers may trade Andre Iguodala that could change what they do with this pick.
Will the hype live up or will he just be a great college player?
18) Washington Wizards- Jordan Hamilton, Texas
Deadly jump shooter.
19) Charlotte Bobcats- Iman Shumpert, Georgia Tech
Can play both guard positions. Not a great shooter, but great defender and ball handler.
20) Minnesota Timberwolves- Nikola Vucevic, USC
Same kind of game as Enes Kanter.
21) Portland Trail Blazers- Bismack Biyombo, Congo
Fills a big man need with Greg Oden's future in doubt.
Poor mans Charles Barkley.
23) Houston Rockets- Marshon Brooks, Providence
Potential to be a big time scorer.
24) Oklahoma City Thunder- Reggie Jackson, Boston College
Adds depth to a a young team looking to make a championship run in 2011-12.
25) Boston Celtics- Trey Thompkins, Georgia
Big man to replace the loss of Kendrick Perkins.
26) Dallas Mavericks- Davis Bertans, Latvia
NBA Champs looking to take best player available.
27) New Jersey Nets- Nikola Mirotic, Montenegro
Jason Kapono type. Great jump shot.
Great defender which the Bulls love.
29) San Antonio Spurs- Darrius Morris, Michigan
Nice size point guard. Could be insurance depending on what happens with Tony Parker.
30) Chicago Bulls- Kyle Singler, Duke
Bulls have a history of drafting Duke players. Here is one more.