After holding a series of tryouts, the Chicago Bears announced on Sunday that the team has signed seven different undrafted free agents to three-year contracts. Earlier in the day, Bears coach Lovie Smith had suggested that the team was likely to sign some of the players that had tried out with the team recently.
Here's a list of the seven new Bears rookies:
- Wisconsin-Whitewater quarterback Matt Blanchard
- Texas Southern wide receiver Joseph Anderson
- Illinois State tight end Brandon Venson
- Concordia offensive tackle Tyler Hendrickson
- Central Florida offensive guard Nick Pieschel
- Boston College punter Ryan Quigley
- Connecticut kicker David Teggert
The offensive line was considered an area of need for the Bears going into the draft, but they never addressed it. Maybe they believed they've found a diamond in the rough by signing Hendrickson and Pieschel.
Stay tuned to SB Nation Chicago for more information, and for in-depth analysis on the Chicago Bears, be sure to visit Windy City Gridiron. And drop by SB Nation NFL news hub for more updates and commentary from around the league.