The NFL Draft is far from over when the final selection of the seventh round is made. Immediately following that begins a frenzy that seems teams across the league battling to sign undrafted free agents, some of which are coveted as much as some draft picks.
Undrafted free agents have little shot of making an NFL team outright, but plenty have worked their way up from practice squads, even in their rookie year. On Sunday, the Bears announced the inking of six undrafted free agents, all from small schools. Here they are:
- Alvester Alexander, RB, Wyoming Cowboys
- James Brown, OT, Troy Trojans
- Ronnie Cameron, DT, Old Dominion Monarchs
- Adrien Cole, LB, Louisiana Tech Bulldogs
- Trevor Colston, S
- Jeremy Jones, S, Wayne State Warriors
- Ronnie Thornton, LB, Southern Miss Golden Eagles
Stay tuned to SB Nation Chicago for more information, and for in-depth analysis on the the Illinois Fighting Illini, check out the Illini blog Hail to the Orange. For more on the NFL Draft, stick with SB Nation NFL and Mocking the Draft.