Matthew Emmons-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
Maurice Jones-Drew wants to leave his controversial comments regarding Jay Cutler's play in the 2011 NFC Championship Game in the past.
Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew wants to keep his controversial comments he made about Jay Cutler in the 2011 NFC Conference Championship Game in the past, when Cutler was forced from the game because of a sprained MCL.
Jones-Drew touched on the comments on Wednesday, saying "things have changed" since his comments were made.
"What's in the past is in the past," Jones-Drew said Wednesday. "A lot of things have changed. I've had two kids and got married. I heard he's got married and had a child. Matt Forte has got married, I saw him at (my) wedding. So a lot of things have changed since then."
Jones-Drew's comments were made during the game, before it was known that Cutler sprained his UCL. Cutler received criticism from other players, fans and analysts in real-time, thanks to social media. Once it was clear that Cutler suffered a fairly serious knee injury, most backed off their criticisms of Cutler.
Cutler isn't expecting Jones-Drew to approach him on Sunday, either before or after the game.
Cutler doesn't expect Jones-Drew to talk to him before or after Sunday's game.
"There's nothing to talk about. He won't," Cutler said. "(If he did approach me) I'd say 'I'm doing pretty good.'"
With the comments officially in the past, Jones-Drew can focus on running against a tough Chicago defense when the Jags take on the Bears on Sunday.