The Bears, after clinching the NFC North title, still have hopes of getting the No. 2 seed in the NFC. The Jets are fresh off of an energizing win against a good Steelers team, so this game should be an intense matchup between two 10-4 teams. Jay Cutler is coming off of an impressive performance at Minnesota and Mark Sanchez has been cleared to play. Both teams are very strong on defense, but inconsistent on the offensive end.â†µ
Here are today's picks of who you should start and who should ride the bench:â†µ
- Jay Cutler: Although he has been inconsistent at times, the Bears will be looking to secure that No. 2 seed, and with a weak running game as of late look for them to go to the air quite a bit today. â†µ
- Johnny Knox: Because the Bears should be looking to pass for a good part of their offensive production, look for Knox to have a breakout game and provide some good numbers. â†µ
- Braylon Edwards: Even though the Jets will be looking to the ground for their offense, the Bears will be daring Mark Sanchez to throw. He will look for Braylon Edwards who had eight receptions last week for another 100 yard game. â†µ
- Mark Sanchez: Coming off of a weak performance last week and a shoulder injury, Mark Sanchez's numbers could be down, not to mention that the Bears are among the league leaders on defense. â†µ
- LaDainian Tomlinson: Tomlinson is not only splitting duties with Shonn Greene, but the Bears are third in the league in rush defense and will be looking to stop the run during this game. â†µ
If you are a risk taker, here are some guys who have a chance to have a big impact. With the Bears already secure and in the playoffs, look for Matt Forte to get some significant carries. Also, the Bears have been struggling in the red zone, and Forte could be the one to get them some needed red zone touchdowns. Dustin Keller has been known as Mark Sanchez's go-to receiver, so watch for him to get a lot of looks in this game. Even though he had only three catches last week, look for Sanchez to target Keller more in this game.